Did you miss the dailies this past week? Well, we can’t all be lucky. This was our second week at the Happy and Jolly cookout in which a series of disconnected vignettes continued to appear:
- We saw Rusty talk cryptid tactics with Aunt Olive.
- There was just one mention of the Portland vacation.
- We witnessed Mark reduced to self-inflicted agonies when he discovered that his hated boyhood job of shilling for his dad in TV commercials taken over by a monkey dressed as “Markey”.
- Happy and Jolly are now also on the NFT bandwagon.
- Reptilionnaire, having appeared once the week before, has utterly vanished.
Other than my posting a few queries about Rivera’s evolving aesthetics, I think that about summarizes the past week. Let’s hope for a brighter future while we explore the Sunday nature chat:
It’s always about you, isn’t it Mark? I’m surprised that the owls in the title panel weren’t saying “WHOO?” But you have to take front-and-center, even in the Sunday nature panels.
Okay, we have a summary report of another owl. Of course, having gotten interested, I did a small bit of “research” (i.e. Wikipedia) and discovered that when the barred owl is not chasing out the spotted owl, they sometimes cohabit and create a hybrid type called a “sparred owl.”
Hmm, looks like Rivera covered the barred owl back in February 2021 and the burrowing owl in May 2021. Clearly, Rivera has a fixation on these nocturnal birds. Perhaps, dare I say it, Rivera is a night owl?